Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245 was upgraded from Windows 7

Customer Question

My Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245 was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on first day of release. Now the cursor and screen are unstable. When typing, the Zoom of the screen changes from 100% (ideal) up to 170% or more and/or down to 30% or less without any input from me. Also, cursor jumps around the page. I am using MS Word 10 and my browser is Firefox, ver 40. How can this be corrected?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It looks like both of the issues are being caused by the touchpad (after the Windows 10 upgrade), and so we will need to do a clean reinstall of the touchpad drivers to resolve this accordingly.

May I set up a quick remote session now, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with the issue?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Please download the following TouchFreeze tool now:

http://tinyurl.com/touchfreezeJA

Open up the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen directions to install the tool accordingly; this tool will automatically disable your touchpad ONLY when typing, and should resolve both of the issues you are having.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!