Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

In Jan of 2012 I purchased a new HP g6 running Windows Home

Customer Question

In Jan of 2012 I purchased a
new HP g6 running Windows Home Premium. That computer was destroyed but I saved the hard drive and today put it in a Toshiba Satellite L505. Now my screen tells me that my copy of Windows is not genuineand I cannot connect to the internet with it. What can I do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Did both of these computers come with Windows 7 Home Premium? If so, does the Toshiba still have the label with the 25 character product key. The label will be on the bottom of the computer or in the battery compartment.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. If that Toshiba still has the product key you should be able to activate using that.

To enter the Toshiba product key on the HP Windows drive hold down the Windows key (just to the left of the spacebar)

and press R. In the Run box text area type: slui 3 and click OK. A window will open that allows you to enter the product key.

You can also activate over the phone. Bring up the Run box again and in the text area type: slui 4 and click OK.

Select your country, click Next then call the toll-free number you see displayed.