Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am about to donate my used Acer laptop to a local club but

Customer Question

I am about to donate my used Acer laptop to a local club but want to remove all my files and apps except for MS Office apps.
How can I do this and be sure there is no accessible data or corruption?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

You may carry out a system recovery, which will restore the system to factory defaults; the Windows OS and the software/apps that came pre-installed with the system will be reinstalled during the recovery, while everything else will be erased for good. Please follow these steps:

Restart the computer.

When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys together (You might have to try this a few times to get the recovery boot screen to come up).

If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.

After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.

Read the notice, and then click Next.

Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.

Once the restore is complete your computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer may reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!