Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have a hp laptop in to bestbuy to have a new hard drive

Customer Question

I have a hp laptop in to bestbuy to have a new hard drive put in. 15-f 162dx notebook model:j9m38ua They said I brought the wrong disk in can you send out a new starter disk.
wayne ************* *************
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

You may order a recovery disk set for your HP laptop using the following link:

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?cc=us&lc=en&productOid=7694035&softwareitem=800597-001

Enter your laptop's serial number (from the back of the laptop), and follow the on-screen directions to order the recovery disks accordingly.

After you have gotten the disks, you may boot up using the same to reinstall Windows on the new hard drive accordingly.

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!