Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have started to install Windows 10 as an upgrade to my

Customer Question

I have started to install Windows 10 as an upgrade to my Windows 7. Went good to start with, but now all I get is my start up screen contiuesly flashing and no instructions. I can't even shut the laptop down.
Thanks Ken
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Ken and welcome

Can you remove the power cable to the Laptop and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, start the Laptop and tell me if it now starts correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its just the same flashing on and off
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, power off the Laptop

Then hold the LEFT SHIFT and with it held down, power on the Laptop and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.

Try a few times as it can be tricky to get to this menu and tell me if you can get to it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the icons for turning the computer on and off are no longer there.
Not your fault I know but I think I would be better to take it to Microsoft shop tomorrow as on this site I can't even enter my phone number. Please do not charge for this service as I have no faith that it will work and will cost me a load of money for nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You do not need to enter in your phone number...

But ok. you have to email customer service for any payment questions on***@******.***

But not sure why you would stop here in order to have to pay a lot of money at a shop to fix this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not your fault but I can already see where this is going I am a pensioner and have to watch my spending and sites that ask for money at every turn can be quite frightening hope can understand that bye
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no one is asking for more money... but ok.