Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Sony laptop model pcg-71316l that states that the

Customer Question

I have a Sony laptop model pcg-71316l that states that the operating system is not found. How do I fix this problem so that I can use my laptop?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

That error usually signifies that theres an issue with your hard drive, as its not being seen by the computer. Theres an obscure issue sometimes that can be an alternate cause. So before we discuss repairing or replacing the hard drive. Heres what Id like you to try first.

Shut the computer off, then start it, immediately in the first 1/4 second start rapidly tapping the f1 , or f2 , or escape or delete or F10 key.

What were trying to do is enter the bios setup. Once there, we want to check your boot order. What devices do you have listed in your boot order, and what device is set to the first boot device?