Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  20+ years experience with laptop support issues. Authorized HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Asus, MSI, Sager, and Gigabyte partner.
63083622

Working on features, 100% complete, Dont turn off computer".

Customer Question

Working on features, 100% complete, Dont turn off computer". Laptop wont go past this screen, frozen. Any ideas. Brand new MSI Notebook PE60 2QD. Using windows 8.1?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any change since you submitted your question?

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

If there has not, this might be a good opportunity to just upgrade the system to Windows 10 before you get any personal data on it. Using a different computer, visit this website and follow the instructions provided to download Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
You can use a USB thumb drive to do the upgrade. Once you have the upgrade downloaded and placed on a DVD or flash drive, you will need to restart your MSI notebook, then figure out which key will get you into the "boot menu" so you can boot from the DVD or flash drive. It's usually F8, F10, or F12... but it could be ESC. It may also say on the screen when the computer first starts up. If you can't get into the boot menu, try restarting the system and tapping F2. This should get you into the BIOS menus. One of those menus will have the boot order or boot sequence that determines which device the computer tries to boot from first. Using the instructions on the screen, change the boot order so USB and or Optical drive are before the internal hard drive. After you've done that quit and save changes. Once the computer starts to boot from the DVD or flash drive, you may be prompted to hit a key to boot from disc... make sure you do that or it will try to boot from the hard drive again.
If you don't want to upgrade to 10, there should be a way to restore the system back to factory... I haven't found the information on initiating that with your particular model yet (MSI doesn't seem to be providing any useful info in the manual for this system). I will let you know if I find it.

If these instructions don't work for you, reply back and we'll keep working on your situation.