Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

I own a Sony Vaio. When I turned it on a box popped up

Customer Question

Hi I own a Sony Vaio. When I turned it on a box popped up reading application error: the instruction at 0x80229f30 referenced memory at 0x8f980044. The memory could not be read. Click on okay to terminate the program.
I continue to click okay and the box reappears. I've shut it off several times with no luck I can not get past that screen. Can you help?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

There are a few different possibilities here. The first, is just that whatever application is causing that error (it can be tough to determine which one) may be damaged and is simply failing. It can also be an indication of a virus infection (sometimes the virus code is poorly written so it will crash frequently). Another possibility is that the memory or hard drive is suffering a fault of some kind. Using a diagnostic program to check those would help rule them out. Another possibility is that the Windows installation is damaged.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed.

Please reply at the box given below and type your queries/result at the box given below.

Please follow these steps once:

Turn off the laptop.
Disconnect the power cord.
Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.
Hold down the power button on the laptop for 1 minute.
Now, connect only power cord and restart it.

Please let me know the outcome.

If this does not resolve the issue, please reply at the box given below. I will provide you another set of instructions.

Thank you, Sandy