Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have an Acer Aspire 7600U all-in-one that fails trying to

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspire 7600U all-in-one that fails trying to install windows 10. It fails after the second phase of the install which installs the features and drivers during a boot operation at the start of the third phase which configures the system. It gives an error of 0x1900101-0x40017 and a message that "the installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during the boot operation". I have been working with Microsoft help desk for a couple of weeks and have still not resolved the problem. If there is a reason why the 7600U will not install Windows 10 could enlighten me? If not can you give me any help in diagnosing and resolving the problem? The SNID# ***** my all-in-one is *********** My name is*****
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi John. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please read the experience of another 7600U owner here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gdvyw/acer_aspire_7600u_somewhat_successful_installation/

The roadblocks to installing Windows 10 are the Nvidia drivers and upgrading to Windows 10 through Windows Update instead of creating the installation media and doing the upgrade that way. I hope this proves enlightening.