Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in repairing various laptop models
50064670

When I turn on my Compaq Presario CQ61-313US, the Caps Lock

Customer Question

When I turn on my Compaq Presario CQ61-313US, the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights just blink on and off and the computer will not turn on. I've tried with and without the battery in it. Any suggestions? I need to turn it on to uninstall MS Office 2013 and copy all my files to my external hard drive -- I have a replacement laptop - a HP Envy 56.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Remove the battery, AC Power and remove any devices connected to the Laptop. Then hold down the power button for one minute.

Now 1) connect AC power and power ON the system and check the result.

2) Insert battery and connect AC power and power ON it.

3) Remove AC power and power ON it.

Let me know the result.

Regards

Jins