Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-B580 laptop. I accidentally

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-B580 laptop. I accidentally set up the FN key in with the spacebar which changes the resolution of the screen, and also, will not let the spacebar always function just as a spacebar. Is there an easy way to disable this "hotkey"combination?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

How did you set up the Fn key with the spacebar? What's the name of the program did you open / use? Can you re-open it and check?

Can you click on Start -> All Programs -> TOSHIBA -> Tools & Utilities -> HWSETUP, then click on the Keyboard tab and check there?

If needed, disable the Fn function. Please see full information at the Toshiba website below:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Features-Knowledge-Base/TOSHIBA-Flash-Cards-AKA-Hot-Keys-Fn-Keys-Operation/ta-p/336470

https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD2503B90001R01.htm

If needed, click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.