IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

After upgrading to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite, my

Customer Question

After upgrading to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite, my touchscreen no longer works. How can I fix that?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

It is possible that you need to re-install the Windows 10 touch-pad drivers. Please let me know the exact Toshiba Satellite model you are using and I will look for the right drivers.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite U845t
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! Hold on...

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please check the correct model number again, as there are many different models that start with U845T.

Example:

U845T-S4155
U845T-S4165
U845T-S4168
etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't figure that out. The system information from the control panel just says U845T.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please look at the bottom side of the laptop. There you should be able to find the full model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S4165
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Great. I will now look for the touch-pad drivers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Touch pad works fine, but not touch screen. Is this the same driver?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I meant touch-screen.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sorry.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please install the latest Intel HD drivers for Windows 10 that should help solve the problem.

For Windows 10 32-bit, use this link:

http://tinyurl.com/qf7t78l

For Windows 10 64-bit, use this link:

http://tinyurl.com/pyz68cb

Restart the computer after the installation and check the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change, sorry. I must go at the moment. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.

Let me if you would like that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro, I have no idea if you're there. If so, can you please follow up? Thanks! Lyndon
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, Lyndon.

I am still here. If the problem remained, I can remotely access your computer and check the issue for you. Let me know if you would like that.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT Miro, yes. I need help. I uninstalled Windows 10 and the problem still persists. I'm available for the next hour if you're free.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Let's establish remote desktop assistance so that I can check the issue.

Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f0272121-6fa3-407b-8e1a-f78c725580ea

Click the link and then click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I have disconnected.

I hope that restoring back to Windows 8 solves the touch screen problem!

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In case restoring from within Windows 8.1 doesn't work, you can do the following to access the Toshiba restoration utility:

1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to switch off the laptop
2. Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on the laptop
3. When the laptop starts beeping, release the zero key
4. When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
5. Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
6. Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
7. Click Next to Start the recovery
8. Windows 8 should then start re-installing. The touch screen should then work properly.

To avoid losing the touch screen capability again, avoid installing to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 since the new drivers don't seem to be compatibly with the touch screen.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you are satisfied with my assistance, you can rate it using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner of this page.

Thanks,