Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55t-A5222, Part

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55t-A5222, Part No.PSCF6U-01T00D, Serial NoZD0299730.
Microsoft updated and now the computer screen just shows SHUTTING DOWN.
I have no disk to restore. I took the battery out and put it back in. One site said to hold
the zero key down and power on. Same thing. Microsoft messed something up. Can you help?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook. Check if the issue persists.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Thank you.

S H E F I N