Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My client has a new Toshiba Satellite. about a year old,

Customer Question

My client has a new Toshiba Satellite. about a year old, There appears to be a misfire on the keyboard, when a character is typed, Windows fires other screens. This seems to happen when the backspace key is used. A reboot solves the problem only to come back. this was present with 8.1 and when updated to Windows 10, the problem comes back. I have booted with a linux desk and I get equally problems when typing. I am somewhat convinced it is a hardware issue. Greatly appreciate any pointers you can give me...
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you get to the logging screen for windows.

Then hold down SHIFT and click on the power icon and click restart.

Keep shift held down till it restarts into a menu.

Choose Troubleshoot, then advance, then command prompt.

Type there and tell me what happens as there would be no drivers or software effecting it.

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont think your answer is correct, your addressing a hp process to boot into safemode. please reread, i booting into linux and simular oddities. linux does not use any drivers from micro soft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its not an answer to fix the problem, its to help me diagnose the issue.

U cant be certain you had the drivers loaded correctly in Linux, and would like you please to run this test as it helps diagnose if its a software or hardware issue.

If you do not wish to do this, let me know and I will leave the question for someone else that can better test the way you want them to.