Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, HP, Compaq
23511658

My Targus Bluetooth mouse frequently stops working and I

Customer Question

My Targus Bluetooth mouse frequently stops working and I have to go to bluetooth to reinstate it. I am using Windows 10
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try these steps please> uninstall and then reinstall the driver for the mouse and then test to see if the issue is resolved. This may solve the problem if something was recently installed that is causing a conflict with the mouse. To do this click the Windows Start button then click the Search box and type devmgmt.msc in the Search box and press Enter. Then in Device Manager click the Mice and Other Pointing Devices to expand it and then right click on the Targus Bluetooth mouse device and click Uninstall. Then reboot and let Windows reinstall the device driver (which is automatic) and then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can provide you with some additional assistance.

One thing that sometimes affects Bluetooth devices is Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth share the same frequency range and can sometimes interfere with each other. Since Wi-Fi is a much stronger signal the interference will manifest itself as a problem with the Bluetooth device. So, one thing I would suggest is changing the channel on which your Wi-Fi router communicates. This will change it to a frequency that is further away from the one used by Bluetooth. It is not necessarily the problem but it's definitely worth checking. And I thought of it when I saw your question so I figured I would pass it along.