Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of both work experience and education.
30759776

My computer will not turn on. i bernated it last night, and

Customer Question

my computer will not turn on. i hibernated it last night, and that was the last i saw it working. when i plug it into the wall, i can see the indicator light go on next to the place where the power cord plugs into the laptop, so i do not believe there
is something wrong with the power cord. what can cause this? i have an hp, windows 7 laptop
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When this happens, the best thing to do is to do a cold restart. You can do that by unplugging the power from the laptop, removing the battery, waiting 30 seconds, plugging the battery & charger back in, and turning it on. When you do that, you should be all set.

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i did as you instructed, and the computer still will not turn on

I am sorry to hear that. Is the laptop possibly not charged enough. Please, leave it charging for at least one hour and test it once more. Often times, if the battery charge is not high enough, it will not turn on even with the power charger plugged in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i will leave the battery charged. but, if the computer needs a battery even while plugged in, why is is that with other laptops i have had, i can take out the battery and the computer would still run?

That's why I said that it happens sometimes, not all the time. Different models of laptops work differently; some require the battery and some do not.