Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, HP, Compaq
23511658

How can I access my email it seems to be changed to

Customer Question

how can I access my email it seems to be changed to Microsoft acc. when I try to sign in I can not. I enter my mobile number and it is not recognised
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If you're using Windows 10 on a desktop computer, then yes it is asking you to sign in with your Windows live account. Now this account can be any account that you currently use for email. The confusing part is that this is not really your email account when you use it in this way it's only the account that you're using to get into the Microsoft services. In other words if you had an email that was***@******.***, you could create your Microsoft live account with the username***@******.***, but when you do that it has no relation to your Gmail account at all.

So, what you need in this case is a live account and it should give you the opportunity to create one if you do not already have one. So, you will use that to set up and sign into your computer and then when you are on the computer if you want the computer to download from certain email accounts you would add those accounts and as email accounts only. I hope that makes sense but if not or if you have questions, please let me know.