Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have a Toshiba Satellite P750 laptop and have an external

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite P750 laptop and have an external monitor attached via an older dynadock.which worked perfectly when I was using Windows 7 Home Premium. I upgraded to Windows 10 and didn't like it at all so I uninstalled Windows 10 and re-installed
my Windows 7 however although the monitor is turned on and plugged into the dynadock as before my laptop can't detect it. I've tried through Graphic Properties on the desktop and also the Intel Core control panel with no luck. Can you suggest any answer to
my problem. Regards, ***** *****.***@******.***
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If you re-installed Windows 7 this may be just a case of needing the Dynadock drivers to get things working again. Please see this page for the drivers that apply to your model:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4001663
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Byron, I tried the Toshiba fix but it did not fix the problem of the extra monitor. What should we do next ??? Chris.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why it no longer works. I'll open the question up to the other experts while I do a bit more research.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you attempt the following please
1. Unplug Dynadock from computer
2. Restart Dynadock by unplugging it from its power source and plugging it back in
3. Uninstall DisplayLink drivers
4. Restart computer when prompted by uninstallation
5. Install driver. Driver installation will look as though it stopped suddenly.
6. Plug in USB Dynadock connection. Your computer should now want to install it
7. Computer will ask for a restart, do this
Then tell me if it is then detected.