Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Windows 10 claims I need an update laptop's GEforce go 7600

Customer Question

Windows 10 claims I need an update for my laptop's GEforce go 7600 device.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. It sounds like it wants an update to your graphics driver. Give me just a moment so I an give you a link and show you where to download it.

Does it by chance give you an option to update it at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the update monitor doesn't give me and update link or suggestion. I gone to the sight myself and downloaded the latest update. But that doesn't change to message or allow me to upgrade to Win10. Let's here more advice. Say something I wasn't aware of.

OK first this is what you should do, run the update to windows 10 once the update is complete then reinstall the driver by using the auto detect option so NVidia can automatically download the required software and driver. If it won't let you I can show you how to download a tool to download windows 10 and burn to disk and then install from disk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles, I went to Nvidia, let the smart driver search my computer and got the following message listed below. Which says that the latest driver is installed’

More than likely the correct driver is installed they just havn't updated it yet. It will function but windows 10 is going to think it's out of date until NVidia created a newer driver. It's honestly a waiting game till then. It won't cause a problem or malfunction. Does that make sense at all?