Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have an Acer Aspire 5534 laptop. Haven't used it in a

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspire 5534 laptop. Haven't used it in a while, when I type in the password ***** start Windows 7, I get "the user profile service service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded. How can I fix this problem?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

- If that does not work, please try this: go to Safe mode again with the steps above. Then do the following:

In Safe mode, click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Run... (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R), then type:

control userpasswords2

then click OK.

Then click on Add..., then give it a user name you want, then Next, and password, then next, then select the Administrator option, then Finish
, then restart the computer normally, then log in the new account and see if you can use the computer in the new account.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Password ***** to get me into Safe Mode but does not work in regular mode. Now completing system restore to June of 2015. Earlier I did a restore to 3 days ago - that did nothing. I tried reloading the Win 7 DVD - that also did not work. Still restoring....... now doing Registry..... Launched "Start Up Repair"......Now it won't even go into Safe Mode - just cycles between Starting Windows and the Acer boot screen - if I say safe mode it cycles again. Had to run startup repair again - goes on forever.

I'm sorry, remove the charger and battery, then turn on again, and try F8 key to see if it can go to safe mode; if yes, then don't try system restore again, but try creating a new account with my previous suggestion.

If that does not work, windows is corrupted, so we have to do a factory reset. Can you turn off the computer, then turn it back on, then at the acer / aspire logo / screen, press at the two keys Alt and F10 on the keyboard and do a factory reset with saving data.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think this can be saved. Thanks for the help - it is not going to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bye

I'm sorry about that.

I could be hard drive issue. Do you have any other computer question/issue I can help with today? Thank you.