John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I do installing, configuring and troubleshooting of both normal and high-end laptops.
50152684

I have a L505-55969 and it stays plugged in sot of the time.

Customer Question

I have a L505-55969 and it stays plugged in sot of the time. The small lights on the front green and yellow are blinking and it will not come on.....nothing on the screen. Would it need a new battery?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you
Sir/Ma'am could you please let me know the correct make and model of the Laptop?is this Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959 you can locate the full model on the bottom of the laptop?
How long its been plugged for charging?
Sincerely,
Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial # ***** Part# ***** L505-55989 This is all I can find on the bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** I mistyped it before. Sorry
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
No problem sir.
Its a Toshiba Satellite laptop am i correct?
How old is this laptop?
Can you see the battery bay on the bottom of the laptop?
Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is Nancy. Yes it is a laptop. It is probably 5-6 years old. Yes I have the battery removed from the bottom.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the misunderstanding Ma'am.Thank you for the details
Could you please try the following
Turn off the laptop completely and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Releases the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adapter back and turn on the computer. See if it boots to windows without any issues
Please let me know the status
Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.
Does it show Toshiba start-up logo screen?
Does it give any beep sounds when you try to turn on the laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is blank no sound no picture no lights
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
It seems like a hardware issue but we can try resetting the memory modules to see if that fixes it,is it ok for you to open the memory bay on the bottom of the laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is it and how do I do that??
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
i will send detail with images one moment please
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please open this manual http://tinyurl.com/no8yafx
let me know once that manual is fully downloaded and opened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this manual in my hand can I use it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the back off the modual .
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
open that manual and go to page 54 to 57 and it will show you how to open memory module bay and remove the memory modules once its removed let me know
Before you remove make sure system turned off,disconnected from power adapter and battery is not installed.
Please do it carefully when you remove the modules
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can not get module out how do you do that???
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Give me a moment to see if there is a video for doing that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got them out
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good.
How many modules are there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two A and B
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK did you remove both if so then install one memory module like it shown in the manual from page 56 to 57.Make sure the locks and notch of the module are in correct place and then just cover the memory bay with its cover and then try to power up the laptop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has done nothing
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update ma'am then power off again and remove the memory module and install the other memory module on the same slot you install the previous module then check it
Do it carefully and let me know
Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean put the card in the slot it came out of one at a time and then try it then do the other card so there are two cards in the slots or do I leave one out each time?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Leave one module out each time and then check it
let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not doing anything
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
its not the memory module either.Insert both memory module properly and carefully.Make sure its seated properly they close the memory module bay and check one more time and let me know
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am did you do what i mentioned above and is there any change.
Please let me know.
Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did exactly what you said and it is not working
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am sorry to say that this seems like a hard issue mainly motherboard issue to check further you need to take it to a service ceneter.If the servic center tech says to replace the motherboard i suggest not to do that because that will cost almost the same as a new laptop but its totally up to you.You can locate the nearest Toshiba service center by contacting on this number (###) ###-####
Is there anything else you like to know?
Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will buy a new one
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.If you do not need further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit .If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,