John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I do installing, configuring and troubleshooting of both normal and high-end laptops.
50152684

My laptop a Lenovo B590 Model No. 20208 has no sound at all

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am could you please let me know the full model of the laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop?

Have you tried connecting ear phones/headphones to see if you are getting sound in it?

How old is this laptop?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LENOVO B590 Model 20208
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the laptop about 2 years ago
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and when I try to play music I get a long message from Windows Media Player that finishes with "or your proxy setting might not be correct"
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK did you get this message when you tried playing the songs in your laptop or online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my laptop or videos. Anything with sound
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

When did this problem started and did you recently install any new applications or did you notice any new windows updates installing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7 Codec Pack 4.1.3 on the 12/08/15 and Chrome today but the sound was off alresdy
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

When you open the volume icon does it show any x mark or show any error message?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am did you see my previous reply if so please reply back to me

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Could you please try re-installing the driver to do that first please do the following

1.Click on start then type device manager in the search box and press enter that will open device manager window in that expand Sound,video and game controllers from that remove Realtek Audio by right clicking on it and selecting uninstall.one its uninstalled it will ask to restart,please do and then reinstall the driver using this web link http://tinyurl.com/o7jct2k

If it asks to restart please do and check it.

Please let me know the status

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am were you able do the above instructions i provided.Did that solve the sound issue?

Please let me know the status

Sincerely,