Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 and have running Windows 7 Home and

Customer Question

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 and have running Windows 7 Home and have tried about 6 times to upgrade to Windows 10. I have tried deleting downloads and resettng waua... but to no avail. Windows 10 downloads and gets to "second boot" stage and hangs then reverts to Windows 7. (I suceesfully downloaded 10 (from 7) on a Lenovo with no problems).
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Just to verify the windows update version of the upgrade is failing correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 failing to upgrade from Windows 7

OK there is another way to upgrade that has been showing great results. It sounds like you need to download the tool that allows you to burn and install from disk.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 this is the link, download the 64 bit version and run and the software will allow you to download it and then burn the software so you can install from the windows environment.