Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have a Lenovo b570 laptop. It is frozen and won't shut

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo b570 laptop. It is frozen and won't shut down. It was having a problem before I got it to the shutting down screen. It was not responding.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to shut down but when I restarted it says application not responding and it won't shut down again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to shut down but when I restarted it says application not responding and won't shut down again.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried shutting down, removing the battery and Adapter, then pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds, without battery and adapter?

Thank you.

S H E F I N