Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Convert toshiba lap topm psk1ja04k4017 from 32 bit to 64 bit

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean you want to change windows 32bit to windows 64 bit?
and what is the actual model of your Toshiba?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
change 32 bit to 64 bit.
Model PSk1JA-0K4017
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I check the specifications and it says
Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium (32bit) (includes recovery partition for Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit)
So it can run it, the only thing you need to do though is format and reinstall windows and choose the 64bit version instead when installing.
this will remove all data and return the Laptop to new, so you would want to first backup your data (programs you would need to install again).
Then power off the Laptop
Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
Click Next to Start the recovery
Make sure to choose the 64bit version.
Once done, windows is then installed in 64bit and if you then upgrade to windows 10 again this will also be in 64 bit.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything performs as you have described except when after we start the computer up windows ten is still on the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The technician from computer support company tech2home says that the recovery partition is missing in my computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if its missing then its not going to be possible to go to a previous version to go to 64 bit sorry.
The only way would be to purchase a windows 7 64bit disk such as from here
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Professional-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B00H09BOXQ
and install it from this
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you