IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My laptop computer is saying...Boot device not

Customer Question

My laptop computer is saying...Boot device not found...please install an operation system on your hard disk. . Can not get on computer as I have a blue screen..Am asking your help on another computer Bought computer 2014, Pavillion 17.3. Need help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me the make and model of the computer with the boot problem.
Also, please tell me when the problem first started to happen.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP Pavillion laptop 17.3.......started yesterday...when I turn it on , all I got was a blue screen which told me Boot device not found..this has never happen before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it added for me to install an operation system on my hard disk.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!
It looks like there is a problem with the internal hard disk drive.
I suggest running the hard disk drive diagnostics. Here is what to do:
1. Completely shut down your laptop by pressing and holding down the Power button
2. After 10 seconds, power it back on by pressing the Power button
3. While it is powering on, start pressing the F10 key and you will be taken to the BIOS - a menu with the blue background. There you will see several tabs
4. Use the keyboard arrow keys to move through the tabs since a mouse doesn’t work there. Go to the "Diagnostics" tab and there you should see "Primary Hard Disk Self Test" and "Memory Test"
5. Press enter for the first one so that it runs the hard disk test. Wait some time for it to complete the test.
Let me know what the results say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Laptop I have run the hard disk test and it passed....am now in the process of running a "system quick test" which says will take 13 minutes. Is there a way (without me paying extra money for a phone call) to inform you of the results and where we go from here???
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You can type the results here, in this chat box.
But first, wait until the "system quick test" finishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what I am seeing....it looks like I may be having a "battery" problem. At this point I am going with this and hopefully by addressing this my problem will be resolved. If you will e-mail me if there are charges being made (or if this is a "free" first time, I would appreciate it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Thanks for the information!
Since I am only a Computer Expert here, I cannot see your billing-related information, so I am not sure if you signed up for a free trial or not.
If you want to check that, please contact the JustAnswer customer service:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support
Let me know if you require further assistance regarding the original problem.
Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with the stars).
Thanks,