Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

After installing your free Windows 10, the is no cursor on

Customer Question

After installing your free Windows 10, the is no cursor on the screen op laptop (Toshiba) What should we do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook. Check if the issue persists.
Turn off the computer, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shefin, I'm afraid the issue persists! The is no cursor on the screen. I followed your instructions meticulously but it did not solve the problem. Please help.Pieter
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Do you see the arrow button on the screen? Just the touch pad does not work. RIght?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no arrow on the screen
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Is keyboard working? Are you able to login to Windows?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not logged into Windows. All that shows on the screen is
"Hi there, welcome back!" with red "indicator" and "user" also a small "next" in lower right corner
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It seems that you have not completed the installation. How did you install Windows 10? Upgraded from Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the free upgrade from Microsoft. How can I continue upgrading without being able to use key bord and/or cursor?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you create an installation media using another computer and install it on your computer. You can get instructions from the link below.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it means that I will get a solution/ instruction from that website and not from you? It is my wife's laptop with her own password. How can I rectify problem via my computer? Then it could also be done via you,. isn't it so
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the link below, download and run Download Tool.

The Windows Media Creation Tool will allow you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or Upgrade to Windows 10. It can be used to download the following editions of Windows 10 – Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Home N, Windows 10 Home Single Language, Windows 10 Pro and Windows Pro N.

The tool includes file formats optimized for download speed, built-in media creation options for USB & DVDs, and allows for optional conversion to ISO file format. There are two versions of the tool available – a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. Download the appropriate version of the tool and run it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After downloading it, follow the instructions in the link below in order to create a Windows 10 disc for your computer.

After creating the Windows 10 disc, boot from the disc on your computer in which you want to install Windows 10. Try upgrading it again. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your "solution" as I don't want to involve my computer. I contacted you in order to find a direct solution for the laptop. (I still have the old fashioned desk computor.) Is there no way you can solve the problem directly? A straight 'yes' or 'no' will do.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, it seems that you have not completed the installation of Windows 10. Restart the computer and wait for sometime. Check if the computer continue the installation itself. If the issue persists, you have to create an upgrade disc and start the installation again from the beginning.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I create an upgrade disc on my computer without installing Windows 10 on my computer? I am quite happy with Windows 7 currently in use on my computer and would not like to change now.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

If you have completed the installation of Windows 10, you can uninstall Windows 10 to go back to Windows 7. Since you have not completed it properly, you have to complete the upgrade using Windows 10 disc and then downgrade it.

I would suggest you create an upgrade disc using another computer. You are just downloading and burning disc with the other computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems the only workable solution. The upgrade stopped abruptly without any interference. The fact that it stopped without warning or completion makes me weary of getting a second computer involved. What if the same happens on my computer then I have 2 dysfunctional computers. Is there really no other way to "activate" the laptop? On the screen is ">user" In small letters there appears also "I'm not User" Could this be any reason for having no cursor?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

You are not upgrading Windows 10 on this computer (your wife's computer). You are just downloading an ISO file and burning it to disc using this computer. That is your Windows 10 disc.

Insert the disc on the faulty computer, boot from the disc and start the upgrade again. Follow the on screen instructions. That is it.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tks Shefin. I will try and let you know. As Monday is a public holiday, I can only purchase a disc on Tuesday. I will follow your instruction and let you know. Pieter
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N