Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Since upgrading to windows 10, I can not turn off the lid

Customer Question

Since upgrading to windows 10, I can not turn off the lid up/power on function in my satellite laptop
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to go to

Device Manager

and see whether ACPI BIOS are enabled and in working order. (Look under System Devices, in that branch, if not near the top of the main listing.) If some problem is found there (for ACPI relates to powering-on powering-down shutting-down operations as set in your Power Options or similar Control Panel apple) then you may have to either adjust ACPI settings in your BIOS Setup, perhaps... or else, reinsall ACPI BIOS drivers supplied by Toshiba for your specific laptop model.

(I cannot yet advise you on what drivers, or where to obtain them... or even, whether or not they are designed to be Windows 10 compatible yet... because you have not indicated your Toshiba Satellite laptop's exact model #, which would be needed for me to do a search for such replacement driver(s). So please use the Reply function, and let me know. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell
I tried to reply immediately after I made the request. Please cancel the request and would you also arrange reversal of the Paypal transaction. People say that it is foolhardy to try doing the same thing a second time and expect a different outcome, but that is exactly what happened. I went to the control panel again and turned the function on again and then turned it off. After a restart of the Laptop, it seems that the function has been successfully turned off.
Regards
Tom
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

It may fail to respond again, if it did so once - and the upgrade may have been coincidental on the first failure.

I have flagged your case for a possible refund - passing your request on to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, since I have power over billing, payments, charges, subscription terms, etc.

Congratulations on finding a solution for yourself. And please feel welcome to return at any time, as needed, to ask another question here at JustAnswer.com in any category.