Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My new Acer E15 (8GB, 1TB) was just upgraded to Windows 10.

Customer Question

My new Acer E15 (8GB, 1TB) was just upgraded to Windows 10. On power up with both AC and battery the Acer logo shows for a bit, and when Windows kicks in the screen goes black/blank.
Removing the AC cable will show the screen, i.e. Windows sign-in. Reapplying the AC cable makes it go blank again. Consistently.
Is there a fix?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It seems that the issue is with the Adapter itself. Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Thank you.

S H E F I N