Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I have a new hard drive MQ01ABD075 installed and when I

Customer Question

I have a new hard drive MQ01ABD075 installed and when I install windows 8 it asks me for a media driver for the hard drive. I can't use the Toshiba program since there is nothing to run it on. I do have another computer that is not a HP laptop but I can burn a disk for it to be seen on the dvd drive in the HP that Iam trying to install a new harddrive and windows 8. what to do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first locate an appropriate SATA driver, for Windows 8, for your Toshiba SATA hard drive.

Burn a copy of the driver to a disk, e.g. a CD.

Place that disc in the disc drive of your Windows 8 laptop.

When it asks for an accessory driver, point it to the CD.

Does that sound right? if so, we'll next try to locate that driver.

(Additional: If the hard disk originally came out of a given model or model line of Toshiba laptop or notebook, then that information could help us find the driver for that hard disk.)

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What model and maker of laptop did the hard disk come out of? if it wasn't bought new.