Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Im trying to do a clean install on a Samsung 700t I deleted

Customer Question

Im trying to do a clean install on a Samsung 700t I deleted the partitions and now seem to be stuck in the all boot options are tried . I do not have an os on it at this time either
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you remove all the partitions, the PC will no longer be bootable, of course. It's best to make a new partition, after deleting all of them, and putting a bootable OS on it.

If you were booting up off of an install CD or DVD disc, then you may need to set the Boot Order, in the PC's BIOS Setup, to the CD/DVD drive first in order, before the hard disk. Then your install media will boot up, and you can create a partition etc.

If something else is wrong, let me know what the exact and full text of the error message about not booting up is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell
This tablet does not have a cd rom, I am going to have to use a usb stick. I have tried probably 5 times. Can you advise me the best program to use to make a bootable usb stick and also where do I get a iso or copy of the os that originally came with this tablet. My father bought it from ebay, and he doesn't remember where he put the paperwork with the product key
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the product key authorizing the software or OS on the tablet, perhaps on a label on the tablet itself? I'm just offering a guess, I doubt it is.

What OS is on the tablet? I may perhaps have made a mistake in identifying it as a two-in-one PC type device, rather than a tablet-type device. And I want to make sure I don't slip up on details again.

Once I am sure I know the details aright, I will advise you as to how to make boot media on a USB flash drive, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung 700T notebook model #xe700t1c the sticker says Pro Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I need to call Samsung with the product key question, I know when I make a bootable usb I have to have an operating system on the usb as well. Without the product key I cant download another copy of windows pro 8
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Windows 8 Professional edition, in other words, is what the tablet runs.

I think you need to first of all make partition settings or partitioning on the hard disk of the tablet.

But a question first: do you actually have install media, in any form, for Windows 8 or whatever Windows you are proposing to install on the tablet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am getting ready to install media from microsofts website on my usb. I am also dealing with a Seagate external drive that has been corrupted I am in way over my head
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Is the Microsoft website's file meant for a USB drive or flash drive or similar drive? it has to be, for it to work properly.

Also, your tablet, once the USB drive has been formatted, then had the Microsoft file installed on it, and inserted in the USB plug of the tablet, the tablet must boot off the USB drive. That may require going into the BIOS Setup of the tablet and changing the Boot Order, so that the hard disk is not first but so that a USB port is before the hard disk in the Boot Order.

Ask me for advice as needed. I'm here to help with details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed that and know how to do that, ms told me to get product key from Samsung, Samsung has reffered me to ms I a, in a loop with the computer and now with the Product key
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

So you're stuck without a Product Key?

Then you cannot install Windows, really. Not without either buying or obtaining a Product Key.

Strictly speaking, given that the Windows version was originally installed on your tablet, it should belong to you. Did you register it, with Microsoft? then you ought to invoke that registration. I hope that advice is of any use.... getting anything out of Microsoft is often hard to do.