Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a Toshiba laptop, serial number YEO027757P, that is

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba laptop, serial number YEO027757P, that is fairly new. It worked fine yesterday. It will not start this morning. The start button lights up for a few seconds and then turns off.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

First, please do the following Hard Reset procedures to revive your frozen laptop. Here are the steps, please do them IN the order they are given:

1. Turn OFF the laptop
  2. Unplug the power adapter from the power source and unplug it also from the laptop
  3. Remove the battery
  4. With the power adapter unplugged, and the battery removed, press and hold the power button or switch for 60 seconds and then release
  5. DO NOT insert the battery yet. Instead, plug the power adapter to the power source FIRST. Then plug the power jack to the laptop
  6. Turn ON the laptop then see if it works fine this time.

Please let me know your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the electric outlet. Problem solved. Have a great day. Marilyn
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marilyn, thank you for writing back and I am glad that the problem is resolved this time. Yes, if the outlet is loose, it can cause sudden disconnect that will turn off the system.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess