Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Preface:i am 84 yr old novice.problem: on 8/1 I downloaded

Customer Question

preface:i am 84 yr old novice.problem: on 8/1 I downloaded windows # ***** successfully. closed computer for day and upon return I had lost 'password" during changes I apparently forgot the new code.can you help??
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

When you type the password, does it say it is incorrect or you get another message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
password ***** try again, hint bobbie
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Do you sign in with your Microsoft (on-line) account?
Do you see your e-mail address as the user name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
user: Wendell !
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Have you created a password ***** disk using a removable media, such as a USB flash disk drive?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If you haven't created a password ***** disk, then there is a way to reset the password ***** the Windows 10 installation or repair disc.
In case you don't have such disc, it is possible to create it. You will need to use another working computer with Internet connection and ability to burn DVDs.
Once you have the disc, you need to load it and apply a workaround which will bypass the current password. The procedure is not that easy, especially for a novice user, so if you can find someone to help you follow them, I will gladly provide all the instructions here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no need for phone ; following your last message. I had already read what yoy suggested! I don't have knowledge for such. I erred in going to you. just please let me know how much you are going to charged. Im alittle confused as to my charges!! reply plse!wendell thanks anyway!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyone near you who can come to your house and help you follow the password ***** instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my last request was: how much are your charges???
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If you don't require my assistance, then the money can be refunded so there won't be any charges.