Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop expert
50836188

My Samsung laptop wont connect to the internet. My phone and

Customer Question

my Samsung laptop wont connect to the internet. My phone and husbands computer connect but I keep getting an internet error message
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! What is the exact error message that you receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connection was unsuccessful. The computer currently has limited connectivity to router.
When I troubleshoot the problem it says to investigate the router. I have reset it several times to no avail.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Try this on the computer... Click on Start Type in CMD into the search box Right click on Command Prompt in the list and select Run as Administrator In the black box, type: ipconfig /flushdns (there is a space between ipconfig and /flushdns) and press enter then type: ipconfig /release (there is a space between ipconfig and /release) and press enter then type: ipconfig /renew (there is a space between ipconfig and /renew) and press enter Check to see if it connects now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 5 while it has its media disconnected.
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection 3 while it has its media disconnected.
An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection 4: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Are you trying to connect the laptop via Wi-Fi or directly plugged into the router?