Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I just turned on a brand new refirbished Lenovo Flex 2-15 and

Customer Question

I just turned on a brand new refirbished Lenovo Flex 2-15 and at the log in page there are 2 options, Administrator or the Veriface pro. When selecting administrator it says "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator" . This laptop is just out of the package, shipped to my house. This is my first time turning it on. Please provide assistance.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
sir, what when select the second option?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
You have the password ***** that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright I did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By second option do you mean the verifacepro? I have selected that and I do not have to password ***** it because this is my first time ever turning on this laptop, that I literally just ordered online.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
That means you are able to login to using second user.
By default Windows Disable administrator account due to security reasons and that's why you are not able to login..
Second user will have the same privilege as that of administrator and you can work with it.
Please let me know if this not the case
Administrator Features:
1: Install / Remove programs
2: Make system wide changes etc
Waiting for your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no possible way for me to log in using a second user. Also this laptop is new, I haven't even created an account on it yet. This is my first time turning it on. And now I can't create an account. Because it says the account has been disabled, yet I've never had an account. Is this all because it was refirbished?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's the reason, they forgot to enable administrator profile Yet there is option to reset administrator, that's via using a password ***** disc. Do you have a blank disk or pen drive?(We have to download password ***** tool, after that burn it to a disc or use pen drive, > Boot New Laptop using password ***** tool > Then reset password) Please let me know what media you have?(USB Pen drive or Blank Disc)You may also download password ***** tool from below linkhttp://mirror2.hs-esslingen.de/hirensbootcd.org/Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip Please update
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Didn't find your reply..Have you downloaded the fileWaiting for your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a flash drive. How do I download the password ***** tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded the password ***** tool from the link you provided, now I just need assistance in directing how exactly I use it on the Lenovo flex 2-15 because I can't get past the log in screen, so I can't access the file.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
1: Extract the file which you have downloaded and burn image(.iso) to disc2: Once its done, Insert disc into new laptop and try to boot from itProcedure:a: Insert cd , restart computer , Tap F12 key until you get boot menub: once you get boot menu window Select cd/dvd drive , it allows the computer to boot from cd3: This makes computer to boot from disc , Select Mini Windows Xp and press enter key . It will mini load xp5: Once you get into desktop , Double click HBCDMenu icon from Desktop6: It opens program launcher window , there click Programs > Passwords / keys > Windows Login > NTPWEdit ( 2nd option )7: It opens the software and shows the profile names .Select Administrator > click Unlockclick Save settings Now reboot computer normally and see if you can login to administrator profile
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have query on sameThanks
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir,
Would you please update status
Regards,
Fiyaz
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it at all possible for me to reboot without a disc?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get that.
You mean without doing that procedure...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean that I do not currently own a blank disc, am I going to need to aquire one in order to do the procedure?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir,Is it done We can work on it if you are available now
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Sir,Are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I restarted the laptop and pressed the F12 key but it didn't open up a boot menu. It actually opened up the main desktop screen. Is there a way to unlock the administrator from there?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.Since F12 key doesn't bring boot menu, I suspect your laptop will have another procedure to bring Boot Menu. There should a direct button to start Boot Menu process, lenovo named it "Novo Button". Its a small button located at left side of laptop. To view the button location, see image attached. Please try below procedure to start boot menuThe seventh 1: Turn off laptop2: Press Novo Button. This start laptop and bring you the Boot Menu window3: Select CD/DVD drive and press enter key.Note: Make sure you have inserted password ***** disc in drive4: Once computer boots from disc, please follow previous post to reset windows passwordPlease reply if you stuck up any issue in betweenThanks,Fiyaz