Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

The power is on but my acer aspire one won't start? I have

Customer Question

The power is on but my acer aspire one won't start? I have wi fi. Please help - thanks.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Just to clarify, do you get just a blank screen now? Also, do you hear the fan/hard drive sounds itself? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still there? Kindly let me know.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please press and HOLD down the Power button on the laptop for atleast 10 seconds, until it switches off completely (with a tick sound), and then release the button. Next, disconnect the power supply and remove the battery at the back of the laptop as well (if you can access it), and then press and HOLD down the Power button for atleast 60 seconds for electric/static discharge. Finally, re-connect the power and the battery, and press the Power button one more time to turn the laptop back on. Does it power on all right now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.