Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My Toshiba laptop is not starting up. File\windows\system32\winload.ex

Customer Question

My Toshiba laptop is not starting up. File\windows\system32\winload.exe is missing
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine. Next, press and hold the 0 (zero) key on top of the keyboard and at the same time, press the power button once to switch on your notebook. When the Toshiba screen appears; release the 0 key. Does this bring up a Toshiba Recovery Wizard window? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just makes a beeping sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just makes a beeping sound and the screen freezes a few seconds after
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got to the recovery screen but it freezes or shuts down when it reaches initializing partition
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'm available from now till 9:00 PM PST. Now, the beeping sound indicates a memory issue; did you install or replace any hardware recently? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist you further with this issue. Thank you, ***** ***** do not rate until your issue has been resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the zero+power as you told me but it freezes or sometimes shut off