Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-A7140 PSKNAU-05C050. I had

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-A7140 PSKNAU-05C050. I had WiFi, but when I upgraded the Driver using the Toshiba Service Station, I no longer have it showing or available. I checked on a Command Prompt screen and it says that there is no Wireless Interface on the system. In the Network Connectins it shows that WiFi is there, enabled but not connected?? Anything I can do to get WiFi back?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using the problem laptop to communicate with us here using wired connection? Or are you using a different computer?Also, is the problem laptop running Winfows 7 or 8?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using my iPad Air for this communication. The Laptop is running Windows 8.1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate any assistance you are able to provide Jes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also want to check... I do not wish to sign up on any plan, all I want is assistance with this issue and to pay the amount quoted of A$53.00. 😊
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, are you still there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am still here....I have checked and yes you have NOT subscribed to us so this is a one time transaction only.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information you provided. So the problem laptop is no longer able to connect to the internet because of the wifi problem. Now, is your iPad connected to the same wifi network? In your Windows 8.1 laptop, is it able to show the wireless networks available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool... any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? The Laptop is connected via an ethernet Hotspot using a cable connected to the iPad. The Laptop only shows the iPad connected, but shows no WiFi connections.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. Since the laptop is connected to the internet now, can I remotely access the laptop so that I can directly troubleshoot the issue and fixing the wifi problem while you watch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please cinfirm if you want to allow me to remotely access the problem laptop so that I can send you th procedures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you want me to do in order for you to access the laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am happy for you to access the Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission. Now, you need to use the laptop and sign in to your JustAnswer account there. Once you are signed in to your JustAnswer account, please tell me so that I can give you the remote access link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am signed in to my account
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Since you are now signed in to JustAnswer int he problem laptop, please do these steps there:Click on the remote access link below:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e8227ec7-39e6-4966-968a-ab3ee684e251In that link, click on the green I Agree button and then download the remote access tool.After downloading the tool, double click on it to RUN it. That way, you will be joining me in the remote session that is already runnng now.Regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the system restore should have been running already. Please be patient and allow it to complete. Please check also if at the end of the restore process you will see the notification that it was successful or not. Please keep me posted.Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. The problem remains. One question, how do I get the Laptop out of Safe Mode?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Is it still not showing wifi in Safe Mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, shows no connectivity whatsoever
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Not even connected to your iPad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing at all.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I believe you boot into Safe Mode. It must be in Safe Mode with Networking so that I can still remote in since in that mode you still have internet connection.To exit into Safe Mode, press Windows Key + RIn the RUN dialog box, type:msconfigClick OKClick the BOOT tabUncheck the Safe BootClick ApplyClick OKthen restart
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, how is it going? Were you able to reboot the laptop in normal mode?If so, then the next option for you is to install TVAP since this Toshiba support tool will ensure that hotkeys like F12 will work.Please try to download and isteal TVAP using the steps below:Use your web browser and go to the link below:http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200007469In that Support page for your laptop, under Drivers, click All Drivers & Updates linkThen in the "Filter by" links in the left, locate and click on TVAPOny one item will be listed in the rightClick on it to go to the download pageIn the download page, click on the Download button or click on the file name link to start downloading the 239.81MB file. See screen shot below:http://filesxpress.com/d-f63d33b7After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to install it.After installing TVAP, please restart the computer, then try turning ON the wifi by pressing F12. When the wifi radio is ON, you shall be able to connect to your wireless network.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess