Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I'm reinstalling system software on my acer and am stuck on

Customer Question

I'm reinstalling system software on my acer and am stuck on Installing Office 2010...24/40 what do I do
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. May I ask how long its been stuck on that specific update?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is probably the 4 time I've tried it..the first time I let it go over night, this time I started the install 4 hours ago
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
And does it always get stuck on the same update?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
And another question, what version of windows do you have installed. And also, what method are you using to perform the reinstall..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a new set of system disks which includes 3 recovery disk, a language disc and 1 system disk. If I do a alt/ctrl del I get to the windows 7 home premium screen which has the options; lock this computer, switch users,log off, change a password, start task manager if I click cancel I'm back to the software installation screen.. Installing Office 2010...24/40 with a message that says:your software is being installed. Please connect the power cable and do not turn off your computer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Since you are trying to reinstall software.What happens if you shut the computer down, and then press power to start it and immediately hold the ALT key and rapidly tap the F10 key Does that bring up the built in Acer factory restore options? * you may have to try shutting down and starting up a few times to get it to trigger.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get windows to load, then it said something about registry 62/62 preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer, clock spinning 2min showing then welcome screen with password. I entered my password ***** I'm right back to the Installing Office 2010...24/40
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
To be clear.. Thats what you seen after pressing alt and F10 ? How about if you remove the CD's from the drive, and then try to press alt and F10 in the first half second after pressing power to turn on the computer. ( WHat were looking for is an acer recovery screen ) D.S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I got to the acer erecovery management select language screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I select English
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I selected English and am now on the screen with the following options: 1.restore operating system to factory defaults, 2.restore operating system and retain user data, 3.completely restore computer to factory defaults, 4 exit
I've done this a couple of times and have selected all options but end up with the same results. stuck on office loading 24/40
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.. Ive just seen all your messages come in.. Lets choose restore operating system to factory defaults. Also if you can, make sure none of the cds are installed or in the cd drive during the restore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I select that option it asks me to install recovery disk...1...2...3
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thats strange.. It should allow the recovery without the disk.. What we need to do is format every partition on the acer except the recovery partition. I assume you do not have an actual windows 7 install disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct I do not have a window 7 installation disk. So how do I format every partition...I may have wiped everything off the hard drive. How can I tell if the recovery partition is still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you cancel this session and do not charge my credit card, I don't have all night to get a response.