Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Erik I have an hp pavilion g7-2022us notebook PC that I

Customer Question

Hi Erik
I have an hp pavilion g7-2022us notebook PC that I cannot get to boot up.
The screen is cycling between a black screen with a dash in Left hand corner and a dark screen that says press esc key for startup menu. I have tried F8 key and it does not respond. I have tried f11 key for system recovery but no response either. I did a system diagnostic check and everything passed. I had been having trouble with internet explorer intermittently stopping prior to this problem. I did on or two system restores and it would get me back on windows but then the last startup I am stuck in this cycle. My recovery disks are off site and it would be helpful if I could get on to this computer tonite. I have another hp laptop pc exact same model bought at same time...can I boot one from the other?
thanks
sue
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which version of windows you have installed Sue?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This computer is in my small business. There is a server and two laptops running windows 7 64 bit professional. There is a pc on this network running windows 7 home. All computers on this network have viper Internet security. I created a windows repair disc from the other laptop and was able to bring windows up. I ran it on debugging mode and was able to bring up all programs. The problem is the viper software cannot be accessed. I get a bad image error. When I go on the Internet for tech assistance at viper and the internet explorer shuts down. I used cc cleaner on programs and registry. Somehow I got to an error with net framework4? Then widows installed updates and when we came in this am the computer is back to black screen. No problems with any other computer or viper on any other computer. I did do diagnostic tests ....2 hours of testing and everything passed. We did have a weeks worth of power interruptions due to electric company installing new power lines. The computers are connected to battery backup/surge protectors. Both laptops are connected to the same backup/ surge protector.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, some HP computers use F10 instead of F11
Start the computer and keep tapping F10
Are you able to get to the recovery manager?