Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My Toshiba satellite will not connect to my android phone nor

Customer Question

my Toshiba satellite will not connect to my android phone nor my Garmin GPS. can you tell me how o accomplish this?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me the make and model of the android phone please and the Garmin and how you are trying to connect (over bluetooth, wifi, via cable)?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung S3
The Garmin is Nuvi 50lm
I am trying to connect via cable to my pc
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
We focus first on the S3
Do you have Kies installed on the computer yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to have this installed.
To do this, disconnect the phone from the computer and download and install Kies from my link below (its a free program).
http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
Once you have installed it, restart the computer.
Then open Kies and then connect your phone to the computer and you can then backup and access the phone.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kies is installed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Now open Kies and then connect your phone to the computer and you can then backup and access the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connected device is not supported by Kies 3
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, on that link I gave you needed to follow the instructions it told to get the right version of Kies for your phone.
Can you please uninstall Kies 3 as you require then the other version, and install that on your computer.