Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My Asus laptop will not boot up. All of the lights turn on

Customer Question

My Asus laptop will not boot up. All of the lights turn on and the disk drive works, but the screen stays blank and The fan isn't starting. I tried removing the battery and charger and then holding the power button for 20 secs, but it still does the same thing. Is there something else I can try?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. If the computer is out of warranty, can you remove the RAM sticks from the computer and reinsert it after two minutes? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it but it is still not booting. I also tried just using each RAM once in all four ports, and still have the same result.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Do you see light on keyboard Num lock? Can you enable and disable Num lock?
Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No light on the keyboard. I tried enabling/disabling num lock. Still nothing my friend.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you tried turning on the computer with and without the AC Adapter and checked the response? Please remove both battery and AC Adapter from the computer. then, insert the AC Adapter only. Then, try turning it ON. Let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have tried it with and without the battery and AC adapter. Still just a blank screen. I have also tried hooking it up to a different screen to check if the screen was bad but it does not appear to be a screen issue either.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please let me know the response you are getting with only the Adapter. Is it the same? All light blinking? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea it is the same result with only the adapter.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would suggest you check the computer with a local technician. You have to try a new RAM and CMOS battery. And if the issue still persists, you have to get the motherboard repaired. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying to help
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed. Thank you for your patience. Thank you.S H E F I N