Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My lenovo g500 does not boot to windows.it is stuckon the Lenovo

Customer Question

my lenovo g500 does not boot to windows.it is stuckon the Lenovo screen
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Have you powered the machine off completely waited for a good 5 minutes and then turned the machine back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I did all of those standard things. I am now getting 'problem encountered while resorting' and it is giving me options like refresh pic, reset pc etc. I tried resetting it and everything went fine and when it is trying to restart as part of that process it gave the same error.
Does this error happen after the Lenovo logo by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It appears that there is some sort of loose connection. When I hold the laptop by pressing hard it I get the normal windows login otherwise the message " your windows didn't restart properly " and gives the options for advance repair.
I wouldn't exactly say a loose connection. It sounds like windows itself might be having a problem. Are you able to get it to boot into normal mode at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I tried booting it only via normal mode and didn't restart since 2 days.
OK once it is in normal mode restart it again and tell me if it goes through or if you get that message again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok trying it now. By the way , Ihave reset the laptop to factory settings as part of windows recovery repair. I just restarted and boot up fine.
A factory reset was a good idea it was something I wanted you to consider. Does the problem seem to be corrected since that has been done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears so. But I'm not 100% sure as some how I feel something isn't right . If I run into this problem few days later what should I do?
If it keeps happening I would advise getting a copy of the original recovery software only on disk from Lenovo that way you have a pure copy with out error, This way you also have it incase the hard drive would be the cause and not saving or holding data. I hope that makes sense. If you have more questions please let me know and don't forget to leave positive feedback for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would lenovo provide that recovery cd As they have the one key recovery ? This laptop is 18 months old.
You may have to pay for it if they don't cover it under parts and labor warranty.