Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My toshiba locks up explorer provided by toshiba not responding

Customer Question

my toshiba locks up explorer provided by toshiba not responding HELP
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Are you saying windows explorer is saying not responding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and no response from any app
Can you tell me the model number of your machine located on the bottom and what version of windows is this machine running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C55Dt-A5241 windows 8.1
When did this problem first start and when you reboot the machine are you able to navigate the machine at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 days ago no cannot navigate and must unplug to turn off
OK do you currently have any important data on this machine at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO
OK and did you burn any kind of recovery start or anything for the machine when first purchased. Also can you go ahead and hold the power button down until the machine shuts off. Hold it for at least 10 seconds. It should shut off without unplugging it. Once the machine is off turn it back on and push F12 a couple of times as soon as you see the Toshiba logo. Please let me know if you get any options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can log in and apps show on desk top but get no response when any thing is pressed
Ok when the Toshiba logo appeared did you push F12 a few times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
OK so nothing happened. Remember you have to be fast at pushing it if nothing comes up and you don't have the original recovery software burned from when it was first purchased it will need to be sent to you to make these corrections. Also restart and try F11 if that does nothing restart again and push alt and F10 together at the same time I am standing by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only had this computer about 9 months very very disapointed
If you are very sure you tried all of those key combinations right at start up and you are getting no response out of them and no options you are going to need the recovery software on disk. It would need to be loaded while the machine is on and then restarted for the machine to auto detect the disk so it can repair your machine. Did you make sure nothing at all came up please try all those options again. The software can be sent to you at no charge from Toshiba it would be an easy fix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can log in and apps show up but nothing is responding
Yes there is a problem with windows itself you are going to need the software to fix the problem. Unless you are able to point in the lower right corner and click on the settings charm which looks like a gear. See if you can click on that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing works
OK so what you are going to need is the recovery software for the machine since the recovery program was never burned when first purchased and we can get it to respond now. Toshiba will need to be contacted so the software can rebuild the machine through hard copy software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do I do?
OK you are going to need to call,(###) ###-#### ***** them know your recovery partition is not accessible. You are needing to factory reset. They also may have a way of triggering it. If not they will send you the software at no charge just let them know it has not been a year yet and the machine is having this malfunction it is covered under parts and labor warranty as well.