Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Thinkpad T431s. My IT team has been trying to set

Customer Question

I have a Thinkpad T431s. My IT team has been trying to set up Visual Studio/asp.net websites on my thinkpad so I can make minor changes to the visual basic code without requiring their involvement. Anyway, everytime they try to set up a website and "Build", the build process "hangs." This has happened with all of the Lenovo products we have but not with others. Do you all know what's going on? My IT group is stumped and I'm getting desperate.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! So since you said that it only happens on Lenovo products, do you know if you still have any of the "Lenovo" branded software installed on the notebook?
IE: "Lenovo Solution Center" etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have Lenovo Solution Center but I'm not finding it right now. I just updated Windows 8.1. Any suggestions on where to find it?
Are you having the issue after Win 8.1 update? The reason I asked about it is to see what differences might be between your Lenovo computers and the others
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we were having the problem before I did the update to Windows 8.1. I thought that maybe someone at Lenovo knew about this and could direct me to an answer.
Are you still having the problem now after the Win 8.1 update / removal of Solution Center?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Could we arrange for additional services for a remote screen sharing session so that I can see what is happening exactly on your system and then try to find a resolution?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had an IT expert working on this who cannot figure it out...after many, many online sessions. I was hoping you would know what this was about as I found the justanswer icon on the Lenovo site. If you haven't heard of this problem, I'm guessing you're going to experience the same frustration as my IT guy. I've already spent a lot of money on this.
I understand..no I do not have an immediate resolution unfortunately, but I would like to give it a try as I think I would be able to resolve...you are fully entitled to request a refund if I can not find a solution.