Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Toshiba satellite pro c850 wont turn on. I replaced the battery

Customer Question

Toshiba satellite pro c850 wont turn on. I replaced the battery earlier today and it seemed to fix the problem. I shut down the laptop and when I went to turn it on 6 hours later again the same problem. I have removed battery and power chord and pressed the on button for a minute before placing the battery back in with power chord, as well as without the battery and just the power chord plugged in but to no avail. Can you help please?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you connect the charger to the Laptop, is there any recognition on the laptop it is receiving power?
And of the LEDs show?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no there isn't but I have had the charger tested and it is working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you have already ruled out the battery as the cause and now the charger, plus we know it is not residue power, which confirms the issue as the mainboard and will be the onboard power supply on the board that has faulted, else you would at least get the LED to show.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but why would it have turned on earlier when I replaced the battery?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Jolted it back into working, a fully charged battery would have powered a capacitor in the power supply that is faulting. Then it would have completely blown.
Its all about eliminating all causes for this problem and that we have done. From the power supply, to the battery, to residue power, which confirms the onboard power supply as being at fault. There is nothing else left within the unit that can cause this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you