Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

HiI have power issue with aspire one AO722. My laptop wont

Customer Question

Hi
I have power issue with aspire one AO722. My laptop wont turn on.With AC power and battery the charging light(middle one) is blue and pressing power button the power status light is blue but nothing happens.With out battery , when power button is pressed the status light is blue and nothing happens. Please give me a solution
Regards,
Hari
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Do you by chance have any desktop computers, or external monitors? I ask because, this may just be a backlight or display issue, the machine itself might actually be working. If you do have a desktop or external monitor or even a recent LCD TV and an hdmi cord. You should be able to connect the Aspire one to the display, shut the aspire one down , start it. And t hen try to get it to display on the external screen. ( just to verify if its working ) Sometimes, you have to press the Fn Key and the Display key while the external monitor is connected and the acer is powered on, to get it to display video on the monitor. ( looks like this ) http://sewelldirect.com/images/ForArticles/Laptop_Output2.JPG And is usually F4 or F5 Let me know what happens when you try to test the acer with an external monitor or tv.. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi This is not a display issue as the notebook wont even start. Just The power status light will blink.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I misunderstood you. So the fans dont turn on. Nothing else happens. The power light just blinks and then stops. And the same light blinks if you remove the battery? How about if you remove the battery and the power cord.. Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds and then try to start the computer? Any change? If not, lets look over this page on replacing the ram. http://www.jdhodges.com/blog/upgrading-memory-acer-aspire-one-a0722-4gb-hdd/ Can you remove your ram chips, and then put only one back in place and try to start the computer. if it still acts the same way. Remove the one we put back in place and swap it for the other ram chip. Then try to power on and test. Any change with either ram chip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried both solutions but with out success.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Question, do you have any USB memory sticks, external hard drives, phones, mp3 players.. Anything that has a hard drive inside of it attached to the machine? If so, disconnect everything USB.. Even keyboards and mice if you have them attached. After youve disconnected everything, try to press power and start again.. Same issue? Just the blue blinking power light? If so.. Please try again to remove the battery.. Leave it out. Hold down the power button for one minute. Then, plug in just the power cord.. ( leaving the battery outside of the machine) And now try to turn it on without the battery.. No changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing. i tried the that option also
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It could be your charging cord failed.. And the machine is completely dead. It could be the power board failed.. Im out of options or suggestions that dont involve major repairs ( unfortunately ) If you have any further questions, let me know. D.S