Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a problem with my toshiba Sateliye C55-A laptop.

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem with my toshiba Sateliye C55-A laptop. When I boot up it goes to the toshiba loading screen then goes blank. After about 1 minute A screen pops up and says Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright(C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation.
For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.1(12/23/11)
check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press and key
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. ive seen these errors before, it could just mean we need to change the boot order in your bios. Or it could mean that the hard drive has failed, or the operating system ( windows ) is damaged. Lets try this first.. Shut down the machine.. Now, start it and immediately start tapping the F2 key.. That should take you into the bios settings menu. In there, we need to make sure that your hard drive ( HDD ) is set as the first boot device, then save the settings and exit. You use the arrow keys and the keyboard to navigate the bios. Once you get in there, was the hard drive already set as the first boot device? Exactly what did you see? I look forward to your reply, Dustin S.