Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

When booting my Acer Aspire 5741-3541 I get an error, Windows

Customer Question

When booting my Acer Aspire 5741-3541 I get an error, Windows failed to start, 0xc000000f. I have restarted and hit Alt F10 to start recovery; it says Windows is loading files and then errors out at 75%, status 0xc00000e9. I have gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order so that USB CDROM is #1; I have a repair disc in the drive (I do not have a system disc; they didn't give me one when I bought the laptop). I restart and it takes me back to the 0xc000000f error. If I hit F10, I get the 0xc00000e9 error again. I can't seem to get out of this loop to start recovery. Any ideas?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 year ago.
Can you make sure the repair disc and the external drive is working with another PC and reply me back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The repair disc works in another PC. I do not have an external drive, the CDROM is built into the laptop. However, it was working prior to this error.
OK, as you said that, you select USB CD ROM as the first boot device, I thought that, you have an external CD Rom drive. Anyway, can you tell me, what other device name you see on the booting list in BIOS ?