Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have an acer touchscreen PC, not a laptop. I turn it on and

Customer Question

I have an acer touchscreen PC, not a laptop. I turn it on and I see the acer logo then immediately I get the message" Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in Selected device and press a key". I think I got a virus because it worked fine last night. I don't have any boot media.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
If you get message says "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in Selected device and press a key", it means the computer does not detect the hard drive. It shows, the hard drive is bad or corrupted. In most of the case, you have to replace the hard drive in order to get the issue resolved. However, you can try the following.
Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power,keyboard and mouse from the computer. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.
If the issue still persists, please get into BIOS and try loading default values. Restart the computer and as soon as it restarts, repeatedly press the F2 or Del key to get into BIOS Setup. Over there, select Load Optimal Defaults to load defaults.
Or, select the first boot device as Hard drive in BIOS.
If the issue still persists, you can try removing the computer case, remove the hard drive and reseat it after two minutes.
If the issue persists even after performing all these, you have to replace the hard drive with a new one in order to get the issue resolved.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N